Basic Tips – Singapore Travel
Singapore is considered one of the best places to explore in Asia. It's safe, clean and undoubtedly beautiful. If you intend to see and experience the beauty of this country, you may find that these basic tips are worth considering:
1. Plan ahead. When do you want to go? What places do you want to visit? Where do you want to stay? How much do you have to spend on a trip? How long do you want to stay?
These are some of the questions you should consider, which would help you to create a route for your trip. Advance planning can save you a lot through promotions and discounts offered by airlines and places of travel. It can also maximize the entire path by selecting in advance which places you want to visit and incorporating these places in your itinerary.
2. Check major travel agents and cheap airlines for events, discounts and coupons in advance. Travel sites like CheapOair and OneTravel show comparable ticket prices from major airlines and offer promotions and discounts for your travel every now and then. Cheap airlines like Tiger Airways, Air Asia, Cebu Pacific and Airphil Express also offer flight discounts to Singapore several times a year. For your hotel, Hotels Combined, Hostel World and Rakuten Travel offers offers, discounts and a wide selection of hotels / hostels in Singapore that allow you to choose and book in advance.
3. Note the basic information.
A. Flights: In general, check-in counters open two to three hours before your scheduled flight and close 45 minutes before your scheduled departure time. Visit your airline's official website to learn more about check-in details and other requirements. Remember to take your passport, valid ID and printed itinerary or boarding pass if you have signed up online.
B. Hotel: Get the hotel address where you will be staying. Hotel nearby MRT / LRT The station is preferable if you intend to explore Singapore using this traffic system. Find out more about location, features, and room accommodation. Some hotels offer in-room internet access and / or free breakfast, while others can provide the same for the same prices. Also review review pages and get feedback from customers who were in the same hotel.
4. Take a copy of Singapore with you MR T andLRT system map. Although Singapore is a South East Asian city that spans approximately 710 square kilometers in the mainland area, you can actually travel from one end of the city to another within hours through your excellent public transport system. This map is very important if you are not familiar with the place and want to explore the country using the public transport system (MR T, LRT, public bus). This not only helps you plan your trip, but also helps you save a lot of time by exploring Singapore. Taxis are also available in Singapore, but it will cost you more compared to MRT, LRT and buses. In addition, while trains and buses in Singapore are considered safe, fast and inexpensive.
You can view this system map on lta.gov.sg.
5. Take advantage of the promotions offered online by several Singapore attractions and travel sites. Attractions like Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, Bird Park and even some travel sites offer special deals or discounts online, so it's best to check your website before traveling. Go Singapore Pass, Singapore City Tours, Singapore City Pass are some of the travel sites that offer deals and promotions to Singapore's major attractions.
6. If you intend to explore Singapore MRT, LRT and / or public bus, purchase EZ-Link or Singapore Tourist Pass. You will find it very useful in discovering the beauty of this country.
ez-link the card is a contactless card, so just click to make a payment to the following acceptance points:
SBS Transit buses and trains
DEATH Buses a
Taxi and private transport
Food and Beverage
Shopping & Retail
Fun and fun
Electronic road prices (ERP) and Electronic Parking System (EPS)
Used only in the new unit in dual vehicle mode (IU) for ERP and EPS Payments
Other / Own services
A full list of acceptance points can be found on the company's official website EZ Link (see link below).
Where to Shop:
You can purchase ez-link cards at 42 TransitLink Sale of tickets and 6 spare offices of the concession card MR T stations and bus nodes in passenger transport centers MR T Station and on 7-Eleven stores, including those found in Shell gas kiosks.
Validity: The ez-link card is valid for use for 5 years from the date it is coded for use in EZL and then the ez-link card expires. The EAW may at its discretion and from time to time extend the validity period for all or all types of ez-link cards.
Price: An ez-link card sold on TransitLink Ticket sales, concession card exchange offices and passenger service centers cost $ 12, of which $ 7 is stored for use. Cards sold for 7-Eleven cost $ 10, of which $ 5 is stored for use. The remaining $ 5 is the card price and is non-refundable.
For more information on EZ-Link Please check the cards ezlink.com Website.
Singapore's Tourist Pass is the only pass that offers tourists unlimited journeys along Singapore's public transport system, which includes MRT, LRT and basic bus services. It excludes Express, Fast Forward, Night Rider, Night Owl, Chinatown Direct and other premium and niche bus services. The Pass also comes with exclusive deals that are specially packaged for tourists who have purchased a Pass.
Pass is a product EZ-Link Pte Ltd and is developed with the support of the Singapore Land Transport Authority (LTA) and the Singapore Tourism Board (STB). The Pass is also issued by Public Transport Guide, which has information on how to get around Singapore by public transport.
In addition, it enjoys unlimited driving MR T and LRT trains and basic bus services, you can use the card to use the offers at selected dealers. Some of the current offers for merchants can be viewed in the "Merchant Offers" section of thesingaporetouristpass.com. All you need to do is flash your permission and send the appropriate coupons in the welcome pack to exercise your rights.
Where to Shop:
Singapore's Tourist Card can be purchased at Transitlink ticket shops DEATH station:
Changi Airport * 12:00 – 03:45 and 04:45 – 19:30 Daily
Orchard 10:00 – 21:00 Daily
Chinatown * 12:00 – 03:45 and 04:45 – 19:30 pm Daily
City Hall 09:00 – 21:00 and daily
Raffles Place 08:00 – 21:00 on weekdays 08:00 – 17:00 on Saturdays.
Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Ang Mo Kio 08:00 – 21:00 Daily
HarbourFront * 10:00 – 21:00 Daily
Bugis 10:00 – 21:00 Daily
* Please note that there is a break between 15:45 and 16:45 between these locations.
You can also visit the Singapore Tourist Pass website for more information or click here http://www.thesingaporetouristpass.com.sg/get-singapore-tourist-pass/
The passport can be activated within one (1) year of purchase.
Validity: The validity of the card is linked to the operating hours of the MRT and LRT trains and the basic bus service and not to the 24-hour clock of the normal calendar day. For example, if a tourist buys a 1-day pass at 1700 (17pm), the pass is good for use until the end of that operating day for basic bus and train services, which is typically about 0030 (12.30) or early hours of the following calendar day.
Price: Singapore Tourist Card is available in 3 variants – 1 day, 2 days or 3 days.
Singapore Tourist Pass Price
1 Day Pass $ 10
2 Day Pass $ 16
3 Day Pass $ 20
Passports purchased or issued in Singapore at Authorized Sales Counters are subject to a deposit of US $ 10, which is refundable if the card is returned within 5 days of issue.